CABOZ Action CH is a Swiss non-profit association founded in 2012. Our mission is to help improve the living conditions of the village communities of the Ivorian cocoa-producers through funding and implementing projects with a focus on health, access to drinking water, education, empowerment of women and local communities, and rural income-generating activities.
All our projects are developed, implemented and followed up locally by our Ivorian partner association CABOZ Action Côte d’Ivoire.
Here is why our work matters…
1. Cocoa production in Côte d’Ivoire
- The country supplies more than one third of the world’s cocoa, with 6 million people dependent on the resulting income.
2. The current situation
- Cocoa-producing smallholders need to earn at least three times as much to be able to live above the poverty line.
- Poverty means that exploitative child labour and deforestation are still serious problems.
- 10 multinationals control 90% of the cocoa production and chocolate distribution worldwide. While a few benefit from the profits, millions of cocoa producers are living below the poverty line.
3. What the association CABOZ Action does
- We pursue a hybrid approach: implementing concrete projects to promote the wellbeing of the villagers and cooperating with our partner, the social enterprise CABOZ AG, in developing the local economy sustainably.
We combat poverty and exploitative child labour in the cocoa sector through projects in the domains of education and income-generating activities in the villages.
We implement ‘urgent’ projects such as improving access to drinking water for the cocoa-producing families and raising awareness in the villages about good nutrition and hygiene.
We promote local empowerment and support the villagers in having more of a say in official business with the local authorities.
Make a donation
IBAN: CH96 0839 0031 7536 1000 0
BIC (SWIFT-Code): ABSOCH22
Hermetschloostrasse 70, 8048 Zürich
Please note donations to CABOZ Action are tax-deductible in most Swiss cantons.
President CABOZ Action